Kids and bikes go hand in hand.
When I was a kid, I rode my bike EVERYWHERE! And this was before the helmet laws were in affect. I even rode my bike to places that I should have never gone, like from my home in North Vancouver, over Lions Gate Bridge and down to Second Beach in Vancouver. Not a huge deal to me because I LOVED my bike and I was an awesome bike rider. I was probably 12 years old.
Now as a parent, I want my kiddos to learn how to ride their bikes as well as I did and get just as much enjoyment out of it.
We had a tricycle for our daughter when she was smaller, but never really had the opportunity to pull it out as we live in a condo in a neighbourhood where there is a lot of traffic. The underground parking that we have also wasn’t the ideal location to practice and the parks nearby didn’t have the best conditions for learning to ride a bike.
Over the past few years, I’ve seen a significant increase in the number of balance or stride bikes that the little kids are zooming around on. There are metal ones, wood ones and even plastic ones. How do you decide which to choose?
Here are the features for this bike:
- Reviewed by Prôtegez-Vous!
- Non-toxic certified plastic frame, lightweight, sturdy and easily washable
- Removable and washable soft padding on saddle and handlebar
- Wide range of saddle height settings
- Synthetic anti-puncture tires; full rim to avoid finger traps
- Stickers set included. The child will enjoy placing them on the toy, without any health risks: our stickers enjoy the non-toxicity certification.
- Flush bolts to avoid scratches and injuries
- Steering lock to prevent sudden turns on uneven ground
- Hand guards protection
Our little guy is loving his B-Bip! At 22 months, he’s still using his tippy toes to sit on it, but everyday he’s getting taller and a bit more brave and as soon as we know it, he’ll be taking off and Mum and Dad will certainly get a great workout trying to keep up with him.
MammaCangura has provided a Raincity Parent with s B-Bip Balance Bike ($149 values) to giveaway to one lucky reader! This giveaway runs from July 7th-13th, 2014 and us open to residents of Canada and the US only. Please enter via the Rafflecopter link below.