Over the past few years, I’ve noticed that we receive fewer and fewer Christmas cards…
This could mean one of two things:
1)Friends don’t consider us friends any more (I’d hate for this to be true).
2)People just aren’t sending cards out anymore.
Image credit: Bluemountain.com
At Christmas time, when I was a little girl, I remember my Mom sitting down at the kitchen table with a stack of Christmas cards and her worn out address book. She would write out her cards for hours and then have to lick, what seemed to be a thousand stamps.
Ever since my husband and I started dating, we have sent our friends and family Christmas cards. We would take a trip to the States, usually just after Halloween, and while we were there, we’d scour book stores and card shops to find the perfect cards to reflect our personality. It was becoming a tedious endeavour and the selections just weren’t us.
This year, I checked out minted.com.
The selection of photo and non-photo cards are amazing! You can personalize your cards with text and images to make them extra special. Each card style can be customized with decorative edging, backing and colour styles.
We found the perfect style that reflects us and am looking forward to sending them out!
You can even have your envelopes come pre-addressed right from Minted, so all you need to do is stick on your stamps and put them in the mail. That certainly saves time and let’s you get on with more festive activities with the kiddos!
A little bit about Minted:
Minted is a design marketplace of independent artists from around the globe.
- This year, all holiday cards are available with matching envelope designs and recipient addressing, FREE for a limited time. Save time and make your holiday card beautiful from the inside out.
2015 holiday card trends: Take it from our community of independent artists—hand-drawn patterns, dark grey with metallic, geometric, and bold color palettes are what’s on-trend for this season. Among this year’s top trends are real foil-pressed holiday cards in gold, silver and rose gold, available exclusively at Minted; also new are photo letterpress holiday cards featuring the luxurious look and feel of letterpress paired with unique inks and neon colors.
- Minted is known for its high-quality paper and printing.
- Minted’s Signature paper is thick and luxurious with a creamy cotton texture, and has been optimized for photo printing. You can also choose 100% recycled paper, Pearlescent paper which adds a subtle shimmer, DoubleThick paper or even TripleThick paper. Minted also offers 9 unique die-cut shapes. A variety of backer options allow you to add additional photos, text, and customization options to your holiday card.
- Love your holiday card so much that you want to make it a permanent fixture of your home? Introducing new Holiday Keepsake Art. Create a gallery wall of holiday memories with a framed keepsake made of this year’s holiday card.
- Minted’s assortment of stationery, art and home decor is constantly expanding as Minted grows its artist community and hosts ongoing challenges.
Get started on creating your own beautiful Christmas cards by clicking on this link!
For a limited time, Minted has provided a few PROMO CODES for Raincity Parent readers to take advantage of! Don’t hesitate, they won’t last long!
Free Foil Event (20% off all foil) (code: FOIL) valid 11/10-11/16
15% off holiday cards $150+, 10% off $100+ (code: JOY) valid 11/10-11/16
15% off holiday cards (code: CHEER15) vaild 11/17-11/24