1) Remove bedding and toss on top of toddler.
2) Drag dirty bedding to washing machine with toddler going for a ride on top.
3) Pull bedding out from under toddler while they roll around in it.
4) Turn washing machine on and add detergent.
5) Close washing machine lid.
6) Open washing machine lid and retrieve toy car that was tossed in just as the lid was closing.
7) Get fresh bedding from the linen closet.
8) Go save toddler from the linen closet because it’s too dark in there.
10) Remove fitted sheet and toddler from bed.
11) Re place fitted sheet.
12) Toss flat sheet onto bed and spread it out evenly.
13) Untwist toddler from flat sheet.
14) Re place flat sheet.
15) Chase after toddler and retrieve pillows.
16) Remove pillowcase from toddler’s head and place pillow inside.
17) Repeat steps 15 & 16 once or twice more, depending on number of pillows you use.
18) Place pillows at head of bed.
19) Remove toddler and toys from behind the pillows.
20) Lay out bed spread or if using a duvet…
20.1) Remove toddler from duvet cover (yes, it makes a wonderful ghost costume), spread duvet cover on bed, locate duvet in the living room, remove toddler from duvet cover, insert duvet into cover, and place on the bed.
21) Remove toddler from beneath duvet.
22) Remove all bedding from the bed because the diaper that the toddler was wearing, has leaked and is now gracing your fresh bedding with it’s presence.
23) Repeat Steps 2 through 6.
24) Clean up toddler and replace diaper and clothing.
25) Wait for nap time and make the bed.