Ask any kid what they want for Christmas and you’ll know exactly what they want…
TOYS! TOYS! TOYS!
Give them clothes and you’ll see the disappointment on their faces, or worse…a tantrum equivalent to a nuclear meltdown!
Kaboodles Toy Store, a Vancouver institution with four locations in Vancouver and Victoria, carries toys for every kid on your Christmas Shopping List.
Our kiddos fight over who gets to use the Mini Etch A Sketch, and bath time was so much fun when we tossed in the Sprudel and watched it fizz and dissolve in the water, then VOILA! a surprise popped out!
Lee Richmond, the owner of Kaboodles, has been in the toy biz for over 30 years. Each year, Lee and her team travel extensively to toy fairs around the world in search of the most fun toys, which they test personally – with enthusiasm : )
This year, Kaboodles is launching a Vancouver-wide Toy Drive to support families who can’t afford gifts for their children. At every Kaboodles’ location, people can donate a gift to the Kaboodles Toy Drive, and all gifts collected will be delivered to the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau who will pass them on to families in need.
If you’re stuck for ideas for the kiddos on your Christmas Shopping List, check out Lee’s Top Ten Toys and Stocking Stuffers for 2014:
Top Ten Toys for 2014:
1. Keva Planks: Simple planks, amazing possibilities. Using wooden planks, you can defy gravity and create your dream city: http://www.kevaplanks.com
2. Laser Pegs: Newly redesigned Laser Pegs are better than ever! This is the ULTIMATE construction toy that LIGHTS UP- Perfect for any builder: http://www.laserpegs.com
3. Corolle Dolls: Calin Yang is the ideal first baby doll for the littlest mommies ages 18 months and up. This adorable 12-inch baby doll is just the right size to cradle: http://www.kaboodlestoystore.com/toycategory/dolls/
4. Wrebbit 3D Puzzles: Push yourself Further into the 3 dimensional world with the original 3D Puzzle from Wrebbit! Perfect for any puzzle expert: http://www.wrebbit3d.com
5. Zingo: Zingo brings fast-paced excitement and learning to the classic game of Bingo: http://www.zingobingo.com
6. Litehawk Motorcycle: Fully functioning R/C motorcycle racing is hotly anticipated: http://www.litehawk.ca/apex/
7. Jenga: The classic block-stacking, stack-crashing game of JENGA!
8. Davinici Trebuchet: Locally designed and created. Have fun assembling the ingenious design and then test it by flinging the soft clay balls (included) over an amazing 15 feet: http://www.pathfindersdesignandtechnology.com
9. Snap Circuits: Award winning Snap Circuits kits offer children the opportunity to experiment in a variety of ways, building amazing creations that lead to electrifying results: http://www.snapcircuits.net
10. Dressups: Cast BEAUTIFUL icy spells just like Elsa with this amazing SNOW QUEEN gown from Great Pretenders: http://www.dressups.com
Top Ten Stocking Stuffers for 2014
1. Finger Puppets: Put on a magical play with beautifully designed characters from Folkmanis: http://www.folkmanis.com/Content/17.htm
2. Storey cubes: Rory’s story cubes is a pocket-sized creative story generator, providing hours of imaginative play for all ages: http://www.storycubes.com
3. Piggy Paint: Paint all your fingers and toes with this natural, water based, hypo allergenic polish. Available in all sorts of fun colors: http://www.piggypaint.com
4. Tea Duckie: Add whimsy and mirth to your teacup with the tea duckie tea infuser. Any tea lover will enjoy!
5. Frozen: Warm up an Olaf plush with a warm hug or enjoy mouth watering jellybeans inspired by all your favourite Frozen characters. Perfect for any Frozen fan.
6. Sprudels: Just add Children! Sprudels make any bath a good time. Each bath bomb makes your bath water a different colour and comes with a special sponge toy: http://www.loottrading.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_34
7. Retro Classics: No Stocking is complete without a blast from the past. Classics like Slinkys, Etch-a-Sketch, magic worms, Jacobs Ladder, whoopee cushions, silly putty, and Kaleidoscopes are a Christmas morning must have!
8. Grown your own Yeti: Create your own winter creature with this magic grow Yeti! Add the materials and construct your Yeti, then watch as he starts to grow in a few hours.
9. Lego Minifigs: Don’t forget about all those Lego collectors out there. Minifigs are the perfect stocking stuffer for any Lego addict and perfect for ALL ages.
10. Jean Tattoos: Add some style to any pair of jeans with wash off tattoos: http://peaceablekingdom.com/Products/Peace-and-Love-Jean-Tats__JT4.aspx
Stop by Kaboodles’ Point Grey location this Friday, November 28th for the Point Grey Shopping Night! You’re guaranteed to not leave empty handed! Even visiting celebrities can’t miss shopping at Kaboodles Toy Store!