Toronto-based, Colour With Me is coming to Vancouver for a fun afternoon of creative thinking and art for children on Easter Sunday. They are hosting their first workshop at the city’s best! Swiss Bakery will be providing fresh baked goodies and coffee for parents. This workshop is suitable for kids aged 5-13, but if your 4yo is great at following instructions, they are welcomed as well.
Here’s the details:
** SPACE IS LIMITED**
- All supplies and materials
- Apron to use
- Painting project to take home to share with friends and family!
- Yummy pastries by Swiss Bakery
Children will learn:
- To llustrate ideas onto paper through sketching, pencil crayons or oil pastels.
- How to communicate ideas and thought process through one-on-one interactions with the instructor and peers
- To build on their ideas and use art to develop a plan for the final artwork (planning of colours, details, etc)
- The fundamentals of painting with acrylic, handling various brushes, and colour mixing.
What will happen in their 1-hour workshop:
- Story-telling: Mr.Toffee and the giant red apple.
Children will learn about our adventurous mascot cat, Mr.Toffee, who loves to explore the city by climbing on top of buildings. One day he was on top of Swiss Bakery and looked across to find a giant red apple! He tried using ropes, ladders and even building a bridge to get to the other side to break all of them before reaching the red apple. Mr. Toffee remembers the children at Swiss Bakery to be very creative! So he asks the children for their help to think of a super fun and creative way to get to the giant red apple.
- Ideation: Children will sketch their ideas onto paper through a variety of dry mediums
- Communication: Children share their ideas and refine it.
- Planning: Children will take their refined idea and turn it into their new masterpiece and also learn the basics of painting with acrylic.
Purchase Early-bird tickets before Tuesday, March 24th.
- Location: Swiss Bakery
- Address: 143 East 3rd Avenue, V5T 1C7 Vancouver BC
- Date: Sunday, April 5th, 2015
Due to the limited space, we are offering two separate time-slots to sign up for:
What do parents do while they wait for their child?
They will have the patio set up for parents to relax! Swiss Bakery will be offering coffee and baked goods.
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
All supplies and materials are included! Just ensure to wear proper clothing to have lots of fun with paint!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email: email@example.com or call Eva @ 647-588-8480
View past events here.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes – If you can not make it and have already purchased a ticket, you are more than welcome to give your friend the ticket. We can collect additional information at location.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Please print your ticket or present ticket from your phone on the day of the event.
Please click here to purchase your ticket(s).
COLOR WITH ME HAS GENEROUSLY OFFERED ALL RAINCITY PARENT READERS COMPLIMENTARY ADMISSION TO THIS FANTASTIC WORKSHOP!!! PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK AND USE PROMO CODE “RAINCITY100” ON YOUR TRANSACTION.
*ALSO, ONE LUCKY RAINCITY PARENT READER CAN WIN A COMPLIMENTARY PAINTING OF THEIR MASCOT, MR.TOFFEE! PLEASE ENTER VIA THE RAFFLECOPTER LINK BELOW. GIVEAWAY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE GREATER VANCOUVER, BC AREA ONLY. GIVEAWAY RUNS FROM MARCH 13-31ST, 2015.
a Rafflecopter giveaway