For the past 30 days, I’ve been challenging myself to workout daily.
I’ve been doing 2 challenges, one was a 24 Day Challenge, the other was a 30 Day Challenge and I’ve been doing the 7 Minute Workout, sometimes twice, daily.
I got myself a “check-in buddy” to keep me on track and we have been checking-in via Facebook everyday. She’s in the UK, so there is a
slight significant time difference, but we’ve been keeping each other motivated.
I must say that my legs have never felt or looked this great!
Our daughter’s swim lessons began a few weeks ago and I was dreading wearing a swimsuit. I’ve always been self-conscious about my thighs, even in high school when we had swim days for PE, I would wear shorts. Now, two kids down, and a pile of workout days behind me, I’m not so shy anymore. I even made sure to go for a wax and eliminate the “warm woolies” before displaying my half naked glory.
If you’re planning on starting a fitness challenge or just a daily workout routine, make sure you wear comfortable clothing that moves with your body, but isn’t restricting. I usually wear my yoga gear, as it’s breathable, moveable and, let’s face it, it’s my regular form of attire. I like to call it “The Mommy Uniform”.
Inner Fire is a small Vancouver-based company that creates yoga apparel and lifestyle products for the urban yogi. But the clothing is not limited to just yoga. I love the inspirational words printed on the tops! Puts a little smile on my face when I read them.
It’s my 20 year high school reunion this year, so I fully intend on looking better than I did back in my high school days.
The ModernFamilyExpo is launching at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier in North Vancouver on Sunday, February 23, 2014, presented by Whole Foods Market. The ModernFamilyExpo will showcase eco-friendly, healthy, active solutions for the whole family – giving families simple tools to live greener, healthier lives. The goal is to help everyday families find ways to take “just one step” in the right direction. The Expo features experts & exhibitors in 5 categories: Eco-Friendly Living, Food & Nutrition, Health & Wellness, Pre & Postnatal, and Active Living.
• Features include:
- $10,000 in Grand Prizing (including a $5,000 New Mom & Baby Package and a $5,000 Whole Family Wellness Package)
- 65+ exhibitor booths, including lots of healthy food & beverage sampling
- Par-T-Perfect Kid Zone (bouncy castle, face painting, craft stations, Gymboree & Leap Therapy play area, Cinderella meet & greet, and Whole Foods Market “play with your food” station).
- Active Living Zone (parenting & health workshops, and a pre-registered prenatal yoga class and a mom & baby boxing class with loaded swag bags)
- UsedVancouver.com Family Lounge with change tables and comfortable breastfeeding area
- BabyGoRound collection of second hand baby & child gear for low income families
- Bullfrog powered event with 100% BC wind power and TravelSmart bicycle valet
• Tickets: $8 online in advance, $10 cash at the door, kids under 12 free!
ModernFamilyExpo is giving away an “Ultimate Date Night” to 1 lucky reader, valued at $390!!!
- One night accommodation at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier (Harbourview Room)
- Dinner for 2 in the Lobby Restaurant at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier
- $100 gift certificate for services at Avita Health & Massage Therapy Centre
- 4 Adult Tickets to the ModernFamilyExpo
Please enter via the Rafflecopter link below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway